Retouching Production Manager
The Retouching Production Manager is responsible for supporting the Vice President and Production team in producing beautiful work efficiently and on time for photography retouching projects. This individual must be professional, and able to promote and work in a team environment.
Production Lead on Jobs:
- Own all aspects of a job from start to final delivery
- Collaborate with the Account Team on project deliverables – including deadlines, budgeted time available, and creative direction.
- Manage day-to-day workflow and images for client deadlines
- Responsible for meeting client deadlines and creative asks.
- Work with Account lead + Production Director to establish process, resources, and workflow for accounts
- Serve as day to day liaison to clients + communication lead related to projects (file deliveries, schedules, receiving feedback, etc.)
- Manage retouchers and prepress throughout the production process.
- Plan and organize project schedules.
- Attend and lead review sessions and production meetings.
- Manage quality control on all images being sent to clients – especially at end of process, serving as the final set of eyes before images are delivered as final.
- Meet Client deadlines.
- Track and manage time spent on each image to evaluate resource spend; produce reports and conduct post-mortem meetings in order to improve workflow.
- Ingest and track all files, markup proofs, markup files, emails, samples, hard drives
Accounts Team Support:
- Create estimates for jobs you are producing by entering data from grid and emails into excel working with Accounts who will determine
- Create a positive and team-oriented environment.
- Partner effectively with the Production, Prepress, and Retouching teams to introduce new clients and projects.
- Make decisions and actions in the interest of the company.
- Be professional and courteous.
- Be professional with all client communication.
- Represent the company at public and private events.
A successful applicant will have:
- 3-5 years experience in a high volume production environment
- Experience with photography, beauty or fashion industry
- Preference will be given to those with photography background
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Bridge, Excel, InDesign, and File Transfer Programs (FTP, Dropbox, wetransfer, etc.)
- Superb color vision / ability to "see" color
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a creative team