Senior Project Manager
Industrial Color, the leader in video capture and post-production services is looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead an off-site client project and manage deliverables with a team of 8-10 staff members. Candidates must have experience working with art-house clientele and project managing the competing needs of various departments. They must be professionally presentable, well-spoken and have excellent demeanor over the phone, in-person and in written communications. He/she must also be well-versed in the video and photography market.
The Senior Project Manager is the lead project manager for the off-site client located in Midtown Manhattan. She/he will manage the team of photographers responsible for executing on production for the client. This individual will play a key leadership role in managing all day-to-day operations of the studio to include: scheduling resources, coordinating competing priorities, scheduling shoots, maintaining production budgets for reporting as well as reconciliation, and track progress by creating reports detailing the status of projects and resource allocation at regular intervals.
- Own strategic planning and communication with art specialist/photography team on priorities and deliverables.
- Act at a primary point of contact for day-to-day details for client and team. Partner with the Director of Client Services in long-term production partnership opportunities to cultivate additional business from client.
- Act as master scheduler for team including prioritizing & allocating work for client, working with client to ensure deliverables, tracking photography images, and help identify processes.
- Ability to create and track budgeted expenses with accountability to stay within budget
- Manage team of photographers on client account
- Scheduling internal and external resources to ensure work requests are completed
- on time and on budget.
- Manage and manipulate excel spreadsheets that will that track inbound, in progress and completed work requests.
- Complete monthly freelance budget forecast, end of month reconciliation.
- Trains staff on any new processes and maintains adherence to established processes.
- Collaborating with inter and intra-departmental team members to complete both short and long term projects on time and on budget.
- Source talent, freelancers and full time staff to support deliverables.
- 10+ years in a Project Manager or Production Leadership role
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in either the visual communications field or art/auction house preferred
- Experience in photographic production process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong financial acumen and knowledge of budgeting
- Highly organized and able to prioritize own workload to meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Engaging, professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Fluent knowledge of the Macintosh and Windows operating systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Commuting/travel assistance