Digital Capture Technician
Industrial Color is seeking a full-time Digital Capture Technician who is committed to innovating digital photo and video workflows and providing photographers and clients with the best still and digital video capture service in the industry.
- Research, test, pack, set up, and operate equipment for photo and video shoots.
- Establish and maintain a smooth and secure workflow based on client needs.
- Manage capture, back-up, processing and delivery of all files on set and off set.
- Calibrate equipment, troubleshoot cameras and digital backs, computers.
- Ensure that RAW images are properly color balanced, exposed, adjusted and processed to meet creative vision and technical specifications.
- Perform light layout/ creative retouching on set.
- Transfer files to hard drives, local servers, FTP sites and the web.
- Handle post production of photo and video files, asset management and metadata
- Help EQ managers maintain computer and photography gear in house.
- Perform roles as a DIT, Camera Operator, and/or AC on motion sets.
- Develop and maintain strong photographer / client relationships.
- Perform maintenance on machines and camera systems.
- Work closely with internal team to innovate systems and workflow.
- Collaborate with creative crews and advise on achieving best capture results.
- Mastery of Capture One v11.3 and above.
- Knowledge of and experience with medium format cameras, all major digital backs and professional DSLR and current mirrorless cameras.
- Knowledge of and experience with professional digital video cameras such as the Arri Alexa, Alexa Mini, Phantom and RED.
- Strong understanding of lighting still and motion, both technically and creatively.
- Basic knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, After Effects and Resolve.
- Familiar with OS X 10.14.5, Apple hardware: New Mac Pro Towers and Laptops
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Lightroom, Color Navigator, i1 Profiler, ChronoSync, InDesign, Photo Mechanic, A Better Finder Rename
- Printing experience with RGB and CMYK files.
- Experience working with servers and raids a plus.
Skills & Experience:
- On-set experience working with top photographers (3+ years).
- Strong common knowledge of set etiquette.
- Bachelor’s degree in Photography or related field of study.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with film and traditional photographic processes and creative styles.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems quickly under pressure.
- Proven success in deadline driven environments.
- Valid drivers license and passport required.
- Eagerness to work according to the high-end photo lifestyle that includes long hours, weekends and extensive travel.
Competitive compensation and benefits
Competitive Benefits package, major medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, PTO, Employee discounts.
Beautiful workspace which includes -several studios, monthly mixers.
Summer Fridays, offices closed last week of the year.